(Maryville,TN) In a new alliance between Smoky Mountain Speedway and Wartburg Speedway, the two tracks have announced special races for each of two support divisions. On August 13th Wartburg will have a special Double Feature event for the Extreme-Pure Mini division, while Smoky Mountain will compliment it’s August 13th Mountain Moonshine Race by adding Open Wheel Modifieds to the line-up! In the alliance neither track will be running the other division on this night. “I believe co-operation with each other is what our local tracks need to be successful”, said Mike Kittrell, owner of Wartburg Speedway. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction for both tracks to offer better racing for the fans and the racers.
- SMS returns to racing action on Friday, August 16 with four divisions of racing
- Southern Nationals visit Smoky Mountain Speedway Tuesday, July 16
- Purvis and Standridge highlight 2019 Hall of Fame class
- Smoky Mountain Speedway returns to racing on Saturday, June 29 with tripleheader
- SMS welcomes the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series on Saturday, June 15 for a one-day, $15,000 to win race
To order photos or videos from this year go to MRM Racing Photos