We have received several calls and text today regarding weather for Saturday… to answer your questions here’s the latest…

Weather has no doubt been questionable all week and now on into the weekend. WE ARE Still racing as of 6:00 PM Friday Evening. Smoky Mountain Management has been following the weather and forecast for this evening on into Saturday, and will continue to keep a close eye on the radar and updates as they come in. If anything changes regarding the Firecracker 5000 or the schedule for tomorrow, we will update it immediately.

Just wanted to let everyone know as of 6PM the Firecracker 5000 at Smoky Mountain Speedway IS STILL A GO!

We want to get this race in just as bad as our Drivers and Fans. We do have drivers and fans traveling several hours to get to this event… with that being said we will make a final decision first thing in the morning regarding tomorrows events.. This will be based on the current weather and the future forecast.


Thank you for your understanding.. We hope to see you tomorrow!!