With the departure of Chris Corum at the end of a great 2011 racing season the owners of SMS knew they had a big void to fill. Chris will be greatly missed but will always be a part of the tracks great history. After talking with several racers, fans, track owners and promoters one name came up time and time again……….LYNN PALMER. Lynn comes to SMS with a long and colorful history in motorsports. Having been involved in dirt racing since an early age, Lynn brings a very enthusiastic and encouraging outlook with him to SMS. Lynn is currently working on putting a great team together for the 2012 season. We at SMS hope that everyone is as excited as we are our with our new addition. Welcome aboard Lynn. We wish you great success.
- SMS returns to racing action on Friday, August 16 with four divisions of racing
- Southern Nationals visit Smoky Mountain Speedway Tuesday, July 16
- Purvis and Standridge highlight 2019 Hall of Fame class
- Smoky Mountain Speedway returns to racing on Saturday, June 29 with tripleheader
- SMS welcomes the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series on Saturday, June 15 for a one-day, $15,000 to win race
To order photos or videos from this year go to MRM Racing Photos